Happy Friday! I am so glad it is the weekend as this week has dragged on far too long for my liking.
This year I have re-discovered my love for self tanning. I use to tan at University and looked a lovely shade of orange most of the time. However, I am now older, wiser and tanning has improved. Last year I went away in May so was nicely tanned for the summer months. This year started with me becoming a home owner and now saving for a new kitchen… I wasn’t so lucky: hello adult life.
I researched lots of different tans and decided that Bondi Sands looked like my best bet. It is readily available in Boots and Superdrug, it is not the cheapest but not too expensive. I was also drawn to the fact that they have two shades, both of which I have tried: light/medium and dark. I watched so many YouTube videos before deciding on the foam which seemed easier than any other method. I use a St. Topez mitt and find this good and washes well. I am sure any mitt would be just as good. I always make sure that I exfoliate before tanning and that my legs are shaved. I normally tan after the shower and leave it on for a good 5/6 hours. I sometimes feel that I get a bit itchy if I leave it overnight, but I have sensative skin. I always wear old clothes too as the tan can go everywhere!
I went through a period of tanning every week, however, with the hot weather we have had recently was that our summer? my flat gets too hot to faff about with tan so I have stopped being so religious with it. I live alone so unless I can rope someone into helping, I tan alone and use the Bondi Sands back tanner to do my back, although this isn’t ideal – I know my back is patchy!
What it claims:
Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam glides effortlessly over your skin and dries in seconds to a natural, flawless tan. Enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for soft, smooth, healthy looking skin. Bondi Sands is Australia’s favourite tan.
Made in Australia, bondi sands’ salon quality formula is enriched with Vitamin E and Aloe, to moisturise and rejuvenate your skin so your tan lasts longer and your skin feels softer. The premium coconut scented formula dries quickly, lasts longer and looks effortlessly natural.
- It is easy to find in the shops and can be ordered online
- Both shades of colour are natural looking – no more looking orange!
- Relatively cheap at £14.99 per bottle
- Easy to apply
- Can be washed off after an hour or can leave up to six for a deeper tan
- Can re-apply after an hour and blends well when washed off
- Smells good – coconut!
- Colour lasts just under a week – although I do sometimes top up with a gradual tanner mid week
- Not the cheapest tan available
- Does dry quickly so need to rub in as soon as it is on
- It goes patchy as fades
- Starts to smell like biscuit towards the end of the week
- It can be itchy overnight – I have sensative skin!
What are your top self-tan tips?
Love, Minnie x